Sunday, November 2, 2014

Zinc...

Our son's zinc level is low and he appears to be just the same as his mum - zinc supplements make him nauseous. The problem seems to be that zinc supplements in capsule or powder form are so concentrated that the dosage is just too high. It's apparently a common problem with zinc.

We've tried giving it to him at bed time, after dinner, but, again, anything more than a 50% RDA (recommended daily amount) makes him nauseous. I often wonder if there is such a thing as the more deficient you are, the more nauseous you become when you try to replace it. Add to this that zinc is best absorbed on an empty stomach, which is clearly not an option.

Zinc is needed for so many immune functions - not rebuilding his stores is simply not an option.
I think I finally found a solution though - Ionic Zinc, from New Beginnings. It's a liquid form where 1 drop = 10% of the daily amount. No, I'm not paid to recommend this, but, I wanted to share a solution that we have found. Now I can supplement very easily, in drinks throughout the day. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment